Brazil vs Switzerland Prediction, Preview, live Score, Lineups
Brazil vs Switzerland: There will be a match between Brazil and Switzerland on November 28 in the second match of Group G. Both Brazil and Switzerland both have three points each as they won their first matches in the tournament. The Brazilian team beat Serbia 2-0, while the Swiss team won by a single goal against Cameroon.
Brazil vs Switzerland Match Preview
In their first meeting, Brazil and Switzerland will both be hoping to seal a spot in the knockout rounds by securing a win. A convincing victory in Brazil’s opening match was in keeping with the standards that were set before the championships began. It was, however, Murat Yakin’s team that came out on top after a razor-thin margin separating them from Cameroon.
There is no doubt that Brazil are one of the favorites to win the 2022 FIFA World Cup, as they have been performing impressively prior to the tournament. With a 2-0 victory over Serbia in their previous game, the Selecao went through the group stage and will be looking to secure their place in the knock-out stages with another win this weekend.
Switzerland also won their first game of the World Cup campaign against Cameroon, but they will be up against a much more formidable opponent this week as they look to advance to the semi-finals. When the European outfit is at its best, they can offer a punch that cannot be matched by the mighty Brazilians, and they will have to put their best foot forward to stand a chance.
Brazil Vs Switzerland Pre Match Insights
- Brazil and Switzerland have drawn both previous meetings at the FIFA World Cup (2-2 in 1950, 1-1 in 2018). The Swiss are the only team Brazil has faced the most times at the tournament without ever winning (along with Portugal and Hungary).
- After failing to win any of their first five meetings against Brazil (D3 L2), the Swiss have won two of their last four meetings against Brazil in all competitions (D1 L1). The Swiss have scored exactly once in each of their last six meetings against Brazil.
- Against South American sides, Switzerland has won just one of their eight games (D2 L5), beating Ecuador 2-1 in 2014 at the FIFA World Cup in Brasilia.
- In the World Cup group stages, no side has ever gone 17 games without losing (including the final and second rounds in previous editions).
- For the first time at a World Cup, Switzerland is looking to win their opening two matches following their 1-0 win over Cameroon on MD1. In 2006, they won consecutive games against Togo and Korea Republic in the competition.