You must link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card by March 31, 2023, otherwise your PAN card will be rendered inoperative. How to check Aadhaar card,PAN-Aadhaar linking,How to link Pan-Aadhaar, pan link to aadhar, pan aadhaar link nsdl,
A tweet from the Income Tax Department stated that under the IT Act,1961, all PAN holders who are not exempted are required to link their PAN with Aadhaar before March 31, 2023. Starting from April 1, 2023, any unlinked PAN will be considered inoperative. The tweet urges individuals to link their PAN with Aadhaar as soon as possible.
To verify the status of your PAN Aadhaar link, you can follow these steps to check if you have already linked your PAN card to an Aadhaar card. It’s important to note that failing to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card will result in a penalty of Rs. 1000 until March 31, 2023. How to check Aadhaar card,PAN-Aadhaar linking, pan link to aadhar, pan link to aadhar, pan aadhaar link nsdl,
- Go to the Income Tax e-filing portal by using this link: https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Click on the ‘Quick Links’ option located on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’.
- Enter your 10-digit PAN number and 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’.
- If your Aadhaar number has already been linked, it will be displayed. If it has not been linked, you will need to take the necessary steps to link the two.
- If your request to link PAN and Aadhaar is pending with UIDAI for validation, you will need to check the status at a later time.
- If your Aadhaar is linked with another PAN or your PAN is linked with another Aadhaar, you may need to contact the Jurisdictional AO to delink Aadhaar and PAN. Once successfully validated, you will see a message displayed regarding the status of your PAN-Aadhaar link.
- Your pending tax returns will not be processed.
- Pending refunds cannot be issued for inoperative PANs.
- Pending proceedings, such as defective returns, cannot be completed once the PAN becomes inoperative.
- Tax will be required to be deducted at a higher rate as the PAN becomes invalid.
Apart from the consequences mentioned earlier, the taxpayer may also face difficulties in various other areas as PAN is a crucial KYC requirement for all types of financial transactions. These difficulties may include issues with banks and other financial portals.
- Visit the e-Filing portal Home page and click on Link Aadhaar in the Quick Links section.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number.
- Click on Continue to Pay Through e-Pay Tax.
- Enter your PAN, confirm PAN, and mobile number to receive OTP.
- Post OTP verification, you will be redirected to the e-Pay Tax page.
- Click on Proceed on the Income Tax Tile.
- Select AY as 2023-24 and type of Payment as Other Receipts (500) and click Continue.
8a. The applicable amount will be pre-filled against Others. Alternatively, if you have a bank account that is not listed for payment through e-Pay Tax, follow these steps:
8b(i) Click on the hyperlink given below on the e-Pay Tax page to redirect to the Protean (NSDL) portal. 8b(ii) You will be redirected to the Protean portal. Click Proceed under Challan No./ITNS 280. 8b(iii) Select Tax applicable as 0021 and Type of Payment as 500. 8b(iv) Provide other mandatory details like PAN, Name, Address, Assessment Year, etc. 8b(v) Click on Submit to proceed. 8b(vi) On the payment confirmation page, click on the option to make payment through net banking or debit card. 8b(vii) You will be redirected to the payment gateway of your bank. Enter your banking details to make the payment. 8b(viii) Once the payment is made, you will receive a payment confirmation with a transaction ID. Keep this for your records.
To make a late fee payment for Aadhaar PAN linkage, please choose the Assessment Year 2023-24.
Once you have paid the fee, you can proceed to link your Aadhaar number with PAN on the e-Filing Portal.
Login income tax website, under Dashboard, in Profile Section under the Link Aadhaar to PAN option, click Link Aadhaar.