Argentina vs Australia : Lineups, Team News and Win Probability

By bisindia editorteam

Published on:

There will be a jaw-dropping round of 16 matchup between Argentina vs Australia as they prepare for the match

A mouth-watering match will take place in Qatar on Saturday between Argentina and Lionel Messi in a battle for the world’s biggest prize in football. The two sides will compete in the round of 16 against a resilient Australian team.

WhatsApp Group (Join Now) Join Now
Telegram Group (Join Now) Join Now

Argentina was able to overcome a poor performance against Saudi Arabia to win both of their remaining matches against Mexico and Poland to secure a place in the round of 16 after overcoming a poor outing against Saudi Arabia. With the win in hand, La Albiceleste is now looking forward to continuing their winning streak and claiming victory over Australia to continue their quest for glory.

As Lionel Messi once again guided Argentina to victory with a scintillating performance on the pitch, all eyes were on him to get them the victory. Argentinian coach Lionel Scaloni would also like his team to continue a streak of 4 wins in their previous 4 meetings with Australia, something he would like to see continue with his squad in the future.

During the World Cup, many surprises have arose, such as the exit of Germany and Uruguay, whose teams were mighty because their players were mighty. As a result, it is apparent that the key mighty international players did not have enough time to integrate with the national side before the World Cup due to the number of club duties they had after the club season. Before plunging into the World Cup, it is imperative that the national coordination is brought back to life with more than a week of practice and one warm-up match.

Argentina’s shock 2-1 defeat to a weaker rival, Saudi Arabia, was beyond comprehension. Argentina’s victory over Mexico and Poland, two tough teams in their group, was a great way to finish first. It was Argentina’s second consecutive win without conceding against Mexico or Poland.

Messi and his team lost to Germany in 2014 when they came second in Brazil, and in 2018 they lost in the group stage. Having advanced to the next stage for the first time since 2006, Australia has a great chance to reach the quarterfinals. In the group stage, the Australians also lost to Argentina. Despite losing to France 1-4, the Socceroos won their matches against Tunisia and Denmark.

WhatsApp Group (Join Now) Join Now
Telegram Group (Join Now) Join Now

Argentina vs Australia Possible Lineups


  • Mathew Ryan
  • Mitchell Duke
  • Craig Goodwin
  • Jackson Irvine
  • Riley McGree
  • Mathew Leckie
  • Aaron Mooy
  • Aziz Behich
  • Kye Rowles
  • Harry Souttar
  • Fran Karacic


  • Emiliano Martinez
  • Nahuel Molina
  • Lionel Messi
  • Angel Di Maria
  • Julian Alvarez
  • Rodrigo De Paul
  • Federico Fernandez
  • Alexis Mac Allister
  • Nicolas Tagliafico
  • Cristian Romero
  • Nicolas Otamendi

Argentina vs Australia Team News

Given a rapid turnaround between games, Lionel Scaloni might feel compelled to alter his starting lineup once more, despite loathing to change a winning team.

The Lyon squad’s Nicolas Tagliafico may take over from Marcos Acuna as left back, while Lisandro Martinez might be in contention for a place in central defense.

As a substitute in Argentina’s first two matches at the finals, Enzo Fernandez has made a substantial impression, holding off both Poland and Mexico substitute Leandro Paredes.

Nevertheless, Julian Alvarez’s goal may give him the edge in a fight to join Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria – who is troubled by a thigh problem – up front. Lautaro Martinez, meanwhile, was among a long list of attacking riches starting on the sidelines.

Nathaniel Atkinson and Fran Karacic – who started the first and second games, respectively – will face off with Milos Degenek, who started at right-back against Denmark.

The Aussies replaced Craig Goodwin at halftime with Keanu Baccus, who slotted effortlessly into the engine room alongside Aaron Mooy after a tough 45 minutes against the Danes.

Argentina vs Australia Win Probability

Our prediction for 90 minutes:
Argentina to win: 80% chance. Australia to win: 6% Draw: 14%

WhatsApp Group (Join Now) Join Now
Telegram Group (Join Now) Join Now

Leave a Comment